Monday, January 19, 2009

A new treasury to honor my rabbit!

Happy New Year to all!
I keep hoping that 2009 will turn my families bad luck/curse around that has been hanging over us for some time now.  My kids are doing well, thank God!  My daughter is doing better, even though they don't have a clear reason why she keeps getting sick.  She is on a few meds and they seem to be helping.  She made three whole school days last week.  
We have had a fairly nice three day weekend, until my husband found our bunny dead this evening.  Yes, the one in my photo!  We got him in September as a rescued angora rabbit from a 4-H friend.  He was lovely and loved us.  He was huge, fluffy, and fun!  I will admit that I am not the biggest animal lover.  Not that I don't like animals, but I don't have the energy to care for them with five kids.  I fell in love with this rabbit, Nimby, as soon as we got him here.  I didn't mind getting covered in fluff when I held him, or having to check on him in the cold to make sure he had water that wasn't frozen.  I took him scraps on a regular basis, and loved to just go out and say "hi" to my friend.  He was only one year old.  I will miss my friend!

On to a new day, hopefully with the sun shining.

No comments: